Thursday, July 14, 2011

One King's Lane

We are getting settled into the new house, here are a few before/during pics of the remodeling :)
Sooo have you ever moved into a new house and nothing works the way it did in the old house? And now it feels like everything needs to be recovered and re-purposed...well in my book it does, yippie, I get to re-design!! With our little fams busy schedule I have found my self wishing there was a "Shop it to me" for home interiors! I recently ran across this site: One Kings Lane Have you guys heard about this website!?!? It is an online "sample" sales from actual interior designers and designer lines such as Archipelago, Smith & Co., Karma Living. It's available to anyone, you don't have to be a designer, the website updates new sales daily AND will send you an email telling you when the new sample sale begins! And it's free, even better!

Now we just need a website that you type in your design style and it will automatically send you any ticking striped Ballard, and Dash and Albert rug that are on sale this weekend!

When a newly moved in house is a mixed CHAOS like ours (see before den pictures to left) of remodeling, boxes and mismatched furniture you wished you'd tossed before you moved. I crave the need to make one small frequently used space (like a bathroom) feel clean and finished, it gives me a great sense of accomplishment, especially if I don't have alot of time or resources to do a larger area...so I'm working on Julie Ann's bathroom (the hall bathroom).
I found the perfect bright yellow Lily Pultizer bathroom rug on Garnet Hill for $38!
It seemed to be my design fix for the day but I missed it by 20 mins!! It was available when I got on the website and when I went to check out a message read "removed" from your cart! No fair!
I hope to finish my bathroom spruce this weekend, but I gotta have a yellow rug! I'd love to know if anyone has seen one similar recently?


My favorite part about our new hardwoods (thank you Katherine Tranthom at Gardner Carpet!!) is the painted shoe mold instead of stained...I'll send you a close up. I love how a small detail makes all the difference AND that I got to tell the contractor "I told you so" ;)

1 comment:

  1. I can see the big difference here and it's good that you were able to manage. I think you were born to make things beautiful and that part of your house is one proof.

    interior designer Adelaide

    ReplyDelete